16 Dec CBR is hiring a Biathlon Coach
Calgary, AB. Calgary Biathlon Racers are looking to hire a Biathlon Coach.
Job Posting: Biathlon Coach
Calgary Biathlon Racers (CBR) is a high-performance biathlon program based out of Calgary, Alberta, Canada for athletes 11 years and older. Club athletes compete in local, regional, national and international competitions. Athletes have represented the club at high-level events including the World Youth Junior Championships. The club is unique in Canada in that it is modeled on the Sport School of Olympic Reserve systems of Russia and Ukraine. The goal of the club is to help performance-oriented athletes progress from a young age to National Junior and Senior team levels.
The Biathlon Coach is responsible for developing, leading, and executing individual performance programs for athletes while building and maintaining a culture of excellence, accountability, and academic achievement. CBR’s philosophy is that world class athletes can only be achieved by developing quality individuals first and that this must be done in conjunction with continuous education. We strongly encourage our athletes to pursue post-secondary education after high school and to not focus entirely on training. Our training program is designed around our athletes’ school schedules as we aim to be as flexible as possible in delivering high quality coaching that does not interfere with academic goals.
- Deliver coaching services to CBR athletes
- Deliver an athlete program that supplements and supports existing local, regional, and national programs, respecting the ‘Long Term Athlete Development Model’
- Prepare and monitor annual training programs for CBR athletes
- Analyze and evaluate athletes’ performance and team performance
- Develop and execute training and practice sessions
- Plan and manage CBR domestic and international training camps and competition tours
- Manage CBR athletes who compete in the Alberta Winter Games, Biathlon Canada Youth/Junior Trials, Canada Games, and Biathlon Canada Canadian Championships
- Identify and recruit new athletes for CBR
- Maintain a positive, cooperative working relationship with regional biathlon clubs, provincial and national coaches, managers, and athletes
- Gain and maintain coaching certification and, through professional development, remain current on all aspects of coaching
- Provide regular updates to the CBR Board regarding equipment, training, and progress of athletes
- Post-secondary education in Sports Administration, Physical Education, Business or a combination of related education and experience preferred
- Preference will be given to applicants with significant experience as an athlete or coach with the Sport School of Olympic Reserve systems of Russia or Ukraine
- Significant experience as an athlete or coach at an international level preferred
- Superior expertise in all relevant technical aspects of biathlon including but not limited to ski technique, shooting technique, rifle fitting, ski selection, race support, wax/ski knowledge
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and credibility with coaches, athletes, and stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of Biathlon Canada’s Long-Term Athlete Development Program
- Must have or be able to obtain as a condition of employment a valid Class 4 driver’s licence
- Must provide a valid Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Verification
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a valid Canadian PAL (possession and acquisition licence).
How to apply
Please send a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and any relevant documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants considered for an interview will be notified.